MyFitnessPal

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools

Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Quiet

I love it when it's quiet. This last part of the day when everyone else is asleep is one of my favorite times of the day. I use to keep the radio or television on for background noise, but why? To drown out my thoughts? To unwind? Yes, but more than that. I think I was scared that the thoughts I had weren't worth having. What if I didn't have any thoughts? What if my brain sounded like Charlie Brown's teacher? What if all I could come up with was a "to do" list? I'd never relax! Well, so what?! I'm learning not to be afraid of me. In the quiet, I get re-acquainted with myself. How did I respond to my children? When was the last time I truly got to talk with my husband? Did I squander my time and how do I define "squander"? Did I honor my Lord? Did I even acknowledge Him? What do I want to do differently tomorrow? The same? Sometimes I don't finish my thoughts. I just drift. It doesn't matter. It's quiet. It's still. I don't have to do anything. I can just be.

No comments: