MyFitnessPal

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools

Sunday, May 22, 2011

First Beach Outing - Summer 2011




I love the beach. Someday I'll get time to say the same about the mountains, but for now, we get to indulge in the beach.


This summer will be a bit different for me. Instead of playing in the surf and running along the shore, I'll spend most of my time in a comfy chair, under an umbrella, with the cooler close by. All in all, not a bad spot. And I'll do some walking and sea shell hunting with the family. Once I find a couple of maturnity swimsuits, I even plan on making it in the water...At least until I get big enough to possibly be mistaken for a whale.


As much joy as I get from watching my husband and daughters play, my favorite part of a beach trip is it's grandeur. I love the moods of the beach. Today it was serene...easy, lapping waves; water just as clear as I've ever seen it; easy breeze; lazy seagulls soaring above. The last time Doyl and I went it was during this past winter. Then it was wild. I've seen it playful, mysterious and down right angry. Still I am struck with the same sense of awe. Our fabulous Creator put a glimpse of Himself in His creation. Combining the people I love with the beautiful backdrop of the Atlantic allows me to bask in the joy of His presence all the more.

No comments: