MyFitnessPal

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools

Friday, May 29, 2009

Journaling

I've just been reading some of the entries in my journal. It's been 3 years since I started writing in this particular book. Back then, we were still living in Joy, TX. Whitley was 9 months old and Anna was just a glimmer in my eye as I looked to the future. Isn't it wonderful to look back and see what God has done? If you're like me, the day-to-day living easily becomes all consuming and the pressure of NOW seems to be the most important thing in the world. How GREAT is our God that He will press the "pause button" on our lives (if we'll let Him) and grant us a glimpse of the bigger picture to refocus our perception, refresh and encourage us, and, of course, challenge us. (That seems like a lot of commas. Will one of you English teacher types assure me I still know grammar?) That's what reading these entries is like for me. Those profound spiritual truths He revealed to me, what have I done with them? The prayers I prayed, how has He answered them? If I'm still waiting, am I still praying? The joys He showed me in my day-to-day life, am I still enjoying them? The hurts I experienced, have I forgiven "the guilty" or are they still "guilty"? I don't know if anyone ever actually reads my ramblings, but I'm going to act like someone does and share some of my favorite entries over the last 3 years. Perhaps God will use them to encourage you as He has me. If so, let me know.

1 comment:

Methodius said...

I read it.. I think that your "ramblings" are great. I would like to hear more about your journey and also why you are back in MS. Maybe we can email...

brandon