MyFitnessPal

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools

Monday, May 4, 2009

Thankfulness

I'm reminded this morning in Bible study to be thankful, very thankful at ALL times (Philippians 4:6). That's not very easy. We tend to look at the unpleasant or undesirable circumstances of our lives and not notice the threads of blessing running through them. The apostle Paul wrote that he had learned to be content in whatever circumstance his found himself (Philippians 3:11-13). I guess I'm still learning. These are just a few things I'm learning to be thankful for:

*Husband and self slandered, loss of ministry position due to it -- Found worthy to suffer (very mildly, I know) for the Lord (Matthew 5:11-12)
*Had to move in with my parents -- Having parents who are not only in a position to take us in, but love us enough to do so even though it imposes on them
*Husband working at a job he doesn't like -- God has provided employment with a good salary at a time when many are without work
*Children making messes, demanding lots of Mommy's time -- My children are healthy, intelligent, loving, forgiving (I make lots of mistakes), beautiful, and talented
*Children not obeying the way I want -- They prove they are learning to obey with others (and with me...the hard way). If they are disobedient, aren't we all? (Yes, me too!) They really are good girls who ultimately want to please Mommy and Daddy.

AND the number 1 lesson I'm learning...Even though I don't know what our future holds, GOD DOES! He is sovereign. He is holy. He has a plan for our good that will further HIS kingdom (Jeremiah 29:11-13).

Father, today fill me with gratitude. Show me all the "little" ways You bless my life and make me more aware of Your goodness.

No comments: