I just had to laugh! I'm reading through Psalms and am on #68. David is writing of God's justice and power. Verse 7 says, "O God, when You went forth before Your people, when You marched through the wilderness (Selah)" (The scene is set...Here comes God!) The next verse is where I laughed. "The earth quaked; the heavens dropped rain at the presence of God..." God is so awesome, the ground's knees were knocking and the skies peed in their pants!
How is it that we, myself included, just go "ho-hum" through our Christian lives? Where is that kind of awe?
------------
Whitley is starting to dance! She bounces, turns, does squats and raises her arms. I think she's becoming my therapy. Her innocence and love of this life she's discovering remind me to stop. Yes, dishes and laundry need to be done...they always do. BUT, we have a world to discover too!
Last night Whitley heard the music coming from one of her toys and just started dancing. I'm so thankful God spurred me to join her instead of unloading the dishwasher. I put in a Patty Lovelace CD and WE DANCED. I clogged. I held her and clogged (cardio & fun). We spun around and around. I put her down and we bounced. It was so fun!
Father, thank You for my daughter. Help me to treasure this time with her. Pour our Your love on her. I love You.
Friday, May 29, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment